Sunday, January 04, 2009

Old 97's

Kelly and I went to La Zona Rosa to see this band. They were really good. I enjoyed them. We were about 4 rows from the front (standing room only) and we were behind the most obnoxiously drunk and annoying couple in Austin. They were "drunk dancing" and knocking into everyone around them. They were playing grab ass and practically making babies in front of a few hundred people. Kelly, my little vegetarian-cupcake lover friend who is a seasoned and experienced show-goer decided that they had bumped in to us one too many times and asked them to move behind us. The guy rudely denied us and continued to bump and grind his very drunk date. About 15 min later after he knocks into us a few MORE times she pushes him away from her. He responds with a fist in her face. He didn't punch her but he would have had there not been any witnesses. Kelly is about 5 feet and pocket sized. He was about 6 feet and a gym rat. He cussed her out and told her if his gf wasn't there he would have punched her in the face. She argued back and actually found it humorous. As for myself, I stood there in shock. Typical of me. His drunk gf/date seemed annoyed that we didn't like them making babies in front of us . As if we paid money to watch them make out or something??

An older gentleman in the crowd near us saw that this roided out prick was about to hit Kelly and he kindly stepped in. The jerk turned around and continued to do act the way he had for the past hour or so. After 20 more minutes him and his girlfriend turned around and stomped on our feet and pushed us out of the way as they made their way out. People around us that witnessed everything were very happy that they left.

What a creep!! Sorry- no pics of him. I keep forgetting to take my digital camera with me.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Now I know who to call if I need a body guard :o)