Monday, November 24, 2008

Not a good day at all....

I crashed Orly's truck. He's had it since June and I wrecked the poor thing. I feel bad especially since I NEVER EVER drive his truck but I did on Sunday. My brakes have been squeaking and he was going to take my jeep in to be seen so I took his truck. It was raining in the morning and the streets were still slick. There's a slight curve in the road on Westgate near William Cannon. I turned the wheel slightly and the bed of the truck started fishtailing. I let go of the steering wheel for it to correct itself thinking, "how embarrassing". Before I knew it, the front wheels started to skid and loose control. I took the wheel and it was too late. The truck was all over the place. It's a weird feeling to be in mid crash. You really feel as if it's all in slow motion but to this day I cannot remember some of the crash. The truck seemed to be flying and I could hear the tires skidding out of control. Orly's very messy car had debris flying all over the truck. Next thing I see is the wall of dirt and grass leading to Westgate Lanes. The truck hit the embankment and I landed -I say landed because the truck was in the air for a few seconds- on the SIDEWALK facing south bound on Westgate when I started out going north bound on westgate in the right lane. The lady in a truck behind me stopped her truck and checked to see if I was okay. A couple of guys stayed behind as well to make sure I was okay until the help arrived.

I hurt my neck a bit as well as my chest near my shoulder. I suspect it's from the seat belt. BTW- I'm completely convinced I would have hit the glass If I wasn't wearing it.
Orly's truck was sent to the shop this morning and hopefully they can fix it. There wasn't really much damage to the body but the axles are broken. One of the tires completely snapped off of the truck. All of the tires are damaged as well as rims. There's possibly damage to his transmission as there were a lot of leaked fluids. Until then, he's going to be driving around in his clown car - a Chevy Cobalt-.















2 comments:

Dana said...

I'm glad that you are okay!!!

Dawnita said...

OMG wow! Glad you weren't hurt. Sounds like it's new car time!