Saturday, November 29, 2008

More Trouble...

Wednesday night I go home after working all day long to start my Thanksgiving meal for the next day. I quickly changed into my pj's, went downstairs, turned on the TV...and then NOTHING. The TV didn't turn on.

As a cell phone person, I tried troubleshooting. I unplugged it, replugged it, gave the remote a reset, checked the wiring all to no avail. Gave Samsung a ring which they also gave a try and again the picture to the plasma was black. No sound, just a black screen. I was very upset for obvious reasons. I can't live without TV. Orly can, he just flips on the radio. I'm not a radio person (unless it's my Howard), I'm a TV person. I mean crap, I can't even play the Wii. WTF?!! So I baked and cooked in silence until I couldn't stand the silence any longer- Orly was out with Dawn and Matt and the kids were in bed- so I finally turned on the radio. I wasn't pleased.

I purchased some sort of "accident protection plan" so I may just have to accidentally drop it. I want a new one. Freaking plasma. We've only had it 2 yrs. Is this normal?!! My crappy TVs from walmart and garage sales are still alive and kicking yet our $1500 dollar plasma is dead. BTW- It gave us no indication that it was on it's way out. No lines through the screen, nothing of the sort.

Maybe it was best that way. I would have felt guilt had I ignored the signs of an ill TV.

No comments: