Saturday, November 29, 2008

Must have Edward!!!

I purchased Twilight tickets last Tuesday to see what all the hype of Twilight was about. Orly didn't have a choice in the matter. He was going regardless. I purchased the tickets at the Alamo Drafthouse for the last showing which also happened to be "vampire prom" night. It was very cool! People here in Austin always amaze me. After watching the movie, I had to read the books. Orly bought me the first book the next day and I read it that night while waiting for my cheesecake to rise in the oven. I bought the rest of the books yesterday and finished the second book last night. I think I'm obsessed with Edward. I think he plays on almost every woman's emotions. He's too perfect. He's also troubled and flawed which makes him even more delicious. After reading the first two books I think they choose Edward Cullen perfectly for the movie. I can't complain about Bella, either. She could be a better actress. There's a few scenes in it where I'm kinda not "feeling it". You definitely feel the tension between them though that you feel when you read the books.

Any who, 2 books in 2 days. I just started the third one a bit ago and hopefully I'll be able to put it down. I don't think I can last staying up till 2 in the morning much longer. Maddox wakes up every morning at 5:30-6:00 o'clock. It's killing me. I also don't want to finish the books too soon. I don't know what I'll do when I'm done with them. I may go into some deep depression much like Bella did when Edward left her. It can't be that bad. Can it?

Any suggestions for my next series of books to read that will distract me from the Cullens?

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Desi is OBSESSED w/Twilight. Killed one of the books in 2 days and then started over. Now she needs the movie....bad!